Monday, November 12, 2012

The South of France

Because I just updated, this post is going to be brief! But I wanted to make sure that I posted my Avignon pictures before we move on to the next few weeks in Spain. For the most part, this was a stop out of convenience because its a halfway point between Florence and Bilbao (our next stop). But it was nice to spend a few wonderful nights in a little fortress in the South of France... :)

The best part was yesterday. We went to the Pont Du Gard (a Roman aqueduct nearby) and got to run around by it and around it enjoying the nature and scenery on a PERFECT fall day. It was one of my favorite days on the trip so far because I felt like a little kid rolling in the grass and playing with the yellow and red leaves. And, because we were expecting more ancient ruins, it was a fun surprise to get to play!

Our hotel is wonderful here as well. Real towels, breakfast that includes fruit (YAY!), and semi-normal sized pillows! And the weather has been unbelievable! (60s and sunny!) can you tell I like this stop?

There isn't too much to do in Avignon itself, but I have gotten the chance to run in the mornings along the river on the outside of the walls, which is gorgeous. I didn't bring my phone, so I didn't get my own picture, but I'll steal one offline and put it at the end so you can see what my view was!




exploring the city of Avignon 
rachel, kels, torii, brooke, hannah, hayley, lauren, my, angela


there was nothing open (sunday) except for the candy shops :)


pont du gard with corrine and jess




becky, lauren, emily, kim, sophi, me, michelle, jess, elizabeth, and corrine



on the top of the bridge... look at the sky!




palace of the popes... where 9 of the popes lived during the captivity
(aka - avignon's claim to fame!)



briana... showing off he scarf and attempting to prove she can fly 

1 comment:

  1. Kylie, I love every one of these posts! (Even if I suck at commenting.)

    ReplyDelete