Thursday, October 11, 2012

Best. Week. Ever.

Once upon a time, 4 of my very favorite people at westmont went to England semester. And last weekend, all was made right with the world when Hayley and I got to see them! After getting off the train, we pretended like we were going to shop and look around the city for approxamently 3 minutes before finding the closest starbucks and sitting and talking for 3 hours. Repeat for lunch, repeat for dinner. It was a fabulous day of catching up on summer with Morgan and Stephanie and learning about one another's semesters thus far. (Madeline also pointed out that I referred to seeing Hitler's house as "fun"... touche English major. some of us write these for our mommies!) anyways - if you are interested, the 4 of them have a shared blog where you can hear about their program/travels: 

http://babesinbritain.blogspot.co.uk/2012_10_01_archive.html



all of us at starbucks. just like home!


belated birthday girl!


Maddie, me, and steph


and onto london... :)


all i could think was "i'd like to make a collect call" (p trap)


view outside the National Gallery 



...


in front of the national gallery


european picture faces... (they don't smile)


the Royal Philharmonic. Fun fact: Morgan (mentioned above) is a music beast. i had zero interest in this performance (it was the night before a 9am midterm, worth 40% of our grade) until she was really excited about us seeing it. Turns out - they were amazing (shocking... i know;))



Corrine, Jess, me, Hayley


Brianna and Devon


Corrine and I




Literally ran by this - how cool?!


Wicked intermission with Sophi, James, and Hannah. 
Most of our group went the night I saw Le Mis, and Hannah and I ended up on a date just the two of us. Her father tracked down and AMAZING restaurant nearby and we had one of the best dinners I've had thus far. 

And Wicked. OH MY GOODNESS. I tried to talk myself down before the show. You know - just in case it was bad. I wanted to be realistic and not get my expectations too high! But my mind was blow. The story line was so captivating... I felt like a 5 year old. Unfortunately for everyone on the trip, I've been singing the music since :)




No comments:

Post a Comment